What I have learnt so far:
- I am self-will run riot;
- This 2nd time around at AA has meant that my alcoholic cravings are extremely strong and painful – they are emanating from my liver and are insane. I did not have many physical cravings the 1st time, 12 months ago. Nothing like this;
- I am allergic to alcohol;
- I have a disease that is both mind and body;
- I am not weak or lazy;
- I am definitely an alcoholic in all forms;
- I cannot drink at all;
- I will never be able to control my drinking – in fact, if I start drinking again, I will relapse much quicker and my bottom will be a lot worse that it is at the moment.
- My cravings are alcoholic and for sugar, as alcohol is purely sugar.
- The fact that I grew up with an alcoholic mother and father has a lot to do with my existing self.
I am glad to be back on this path.
5 days and 20 hours sober.